Haiti Arise Medical Team

Haiti Arise Medical Team
Back Row; Teresa, Mike, Rick, Dr Braam, Martin, Monique, and Dave Front Row: Lynnise, Elma, Betty, Sharon, Elva, and Noreen

Friday 15 March 2013

Last Evening on the Rooftop

As we met for the last time on the roof of the guest house, we had many laughs as we reflected on the previous day. We had a very hard working group of people who gave and gave from morning until night. As we wrapped up the clinic, it was hard to believe that we had treated 951 patients in a mere 6 1/2 clinic days and we will go home forever changed. Each person gave a sentence about what they had learned in Haiti.

Noreen – Haiti taught me that despite abject poverty and starvation, there is a tremendous amount of joy.
                                    
Betty – Haiti has taught me that people who have and have not have the same basic needs.

Elma – Haiti reminded me that “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want”.

Rick – Haiti taught me that I don’t want to work in pharmacy!

Lynnise  – Haiti taught me that I want to work with Dr Braam forever and that with a little you can give a lot.

Monique – Haiti taught me that simple things are important.
                                        
Dave – Haiti taught me that just when you think you’ve done it all....... you dispense a chicken!
                                  
Dr. Braam –Haiti taught me - Ubuntu – “we are” because of You.

Mike – Haiti taught me that a country can heal and recover.
                                          

Martin – Haiti taught me that in traffic as long as you have an inch between vehicles, you’re good to go

Sharon  - Haiti taught me that it is a wonderful blessing to have ongoing healthcare!!

Elva –  Haiti has taught me that smiles and hugs are a universal language that validates a person’s worth and sparks a common connection.

Teresa – Haiti taught me the value of pausing a moment to truly look someone in the eye and smile when you meet them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTRUCTIONS TO LEAVE A COMMENT!!!

Please comment as: Name/URL and fill your name in but leave the URL blank!

Please leave your first and last name as there are many people following this blog! Thanks.

Sorry for the inconvenience, for whatever reason you can not comment from a cell phone!